The cost of your website depends on several factors. There are three basic costs of a website: The design and development, web hosting costs, and domain name registration.
Website development covers a wide range of services. Your web designer will work with you to decide what elements will benefit you the most. Your design may cost a few hundred dollars or several thousand. It will include many elements, which might be some or all of the following:
- Shopping Carts
- Payment Methods
- Contact Forms
A professional web designer can develop a page that will look good and provide the kind of functionality your customers expect. If it is hard to navigate or confusing, potential customers will go somewhere else.
Once your website is designed, you need to select a host. The files that make up your website are placed on a large server. This allows people surfing the web to find your site and connect to those pages. You may pay anywhere from under $20 a month to over $150. Costs vary depending on the services you choose and the specifics of your website. Here is what you can expect:
- Enough bandwidth for whatever features are included in your website and the amount of traffic that you expect. If you are getting more visitors than you anticipated, you can expect to pay more for increased bandwidth. Insufficient bandwidth will make your website slow and drive people away.
- At least one email address so visitors can contact you. If you have multiple departments or important employees, you may want more than one.
Make sure you choose a company with a good reputation. If your website is down, people can make purchases or contact you.
Register Your Domain Name
Your domain is an important part of your online identity. That’s how people remember your website. Your domain name is your basic address – www.company.com or something similar. You want to find something that is memorable and obviously connected to your business. You can expect to pay anywhere from $10-50 a year.
There are other services that are optional, but can make your website a much moreeffective business tool. These include:
- Additional email accounts
- Internet marketing services
- Website updates and maintenance
In today’s marketplace, there are very few companies that can’t benefit from a good website. Your internet presence can be an important way to find and interact with clients. While it might costs a little bit of money up front, it can be a sound investment in your business growth.
Call us today at 781-246-0210 to discuss how we can help you market your business online with a new website.