5 Reasons Fresh Content Matters to Google Search Engineskaz
Your brand new website has launched showcasing your business, your success stories, and your products and services. So why are you not seeing the benefits of your shiny new site? Or, perhaps, your site has been out on the World Wide Web for years…why aren’t you ranking on the first page?
The complex algorithms that search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo use can frustrate any business owner. The trick is to understand what the search engine crawlers, or spiders, look for and what entices them to find you.
At John Potter Media, we’ve spent years studying the search engine behaviors to determine what methods help grow your business and online footprint. We understand the importance of being found online and we’ve learned over the years that fresh content is one of the most important components to maintaining your rank online. Below we’ve listed 5 reasons why fresh content on your site is important to Google and other search engines as well as to your business.
- Fresh content helps your customers stay up to date with the latest news in your industry. When you provide new and useful information, your customers will start to see value in your business and respect your wealth of knowledge as a subject matter expert. More visits to your page mean better rankings.
- Fresh content leads to search crawlers or ‘spiders’ combing your content to see what’s new. The more often the search engines crawl your pages, the better your ranks as your keywords and content will receive a boost via their indexing methods.
- Content doesn’t limit itself to just words. Videos and other forms of media complement your site and attract the crawlers as well.
- As you add new landing pages, intelligent keywords, and videos, your ranking will improve. As it improves you become more visible online. When you become more visible scoring high in the search pages, your revenue will increase from an influx in foot traffic and online sales.
- Google timestamps content. They view new information as an important factor in their ranking algorithm. Look at it this way, if you performed a search for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, you’d expect the most recent information to appear. If websites reflecting articles from a decade ago pop up, then you won’t click on it. Google praises fresh topics because they understand what their users’ intentions are and their desire for relevant information.
There is no end to the different ways in which you can keep your website updated and performing well in the searches. Our SEO experts understand what your website needs to stay on trend and can offer solutions that will keep your rankings up or give you the boost you need. Call us at 781-246-0210 or follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on the latest trends in Google Search rankings. https://www.facebook.com/JohnPotterMedia