Identifying Your Customer Basekaz
The key to any marketing strategy is the customer base. If you’re going to create advertising that speaks to your customers, you have to know who they are. You need to know who uses your product or service. When you call on John Potter Media to help develop your internet marketing strategy, we will help you to evaluate your existing and target customers.
To understand your customers, you have to ask some questions.
Who uses your product? Is it the same people who are buying it? Marketing campaigns for products and services aimed at businesses, children, and pets have to appeal to two audiences: the user and the purchaser.
- If you are making a product or service for consumers, what roles do they fill? Your customers might be college students, parents of small children, homeowners, or retired people. Your product may be geared towards a certain gender, hobby, religion, or geographic area.
- If you sell to businesses, who makes the purchasing decisions? What are their job titles and duties? Do they tend to have specific educational backgrounds, certifications, or memberships to professional organizations? Are you aiming at a specific industry, or general business?
What do they value? This is something that you will consider when developing your brand. Understanding their values and priorities can help you know a lot of important things, not just for marketing purposes, but to help determine how your business and brand develops.
- What qualities of you and your product should you highlight? What needs to be improved or changed?
- What charities and businesses should you partner with and support? Your customers will feel good knowing that you share their values.
What made your current customers start doing business with you, and why do they return? This is a great opportunity to strengthen your connection with existing customers. Let them know that you value their input and needs. Our team will help you decide how to reach out to your customers and create a simple and effective strategy. You might want to use one or more methods such as:
- Adding a survey to your website
- Calling top customers on the phone
- Sending out an email questionnaire
- Creating a paper survey to include as a product insert
You want to know how they found your business, what made them decide to buy from you, and what about your company or product is most important to them.
It’s a good idea to think about these things whether your are working on a marketing campaign or not. As a business owner, every decision you make should be focused on what your customers need. You need to understand who your customers are now, and who you want to attract for the future. Our experienced professionals at John Potter Media will design internet marketing initiatives that amplify what is working for you and correct what isn’t. If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, let us help you create an effective online marketing plan centered on your unique needs. Call 781-246-0210 today and see how we can help you!