Understanding how people find and use your site is an effective way to bolster your online presence. Google Analytics is used to track any searches made on your website so you can learn more about what your visitors are looking for on specific pages.
Here are just a few of the many questions about your website that you can answer using Google Analytics.
- How many people visit my website?
- How much time do visitors spend on my website?
- Where do my visitors live?
- Do I need a mobile-friendly website?
- What websites send traffic to my website?
- What marketing tactics drive the most traffic to my website?
- Which pages on my website are the most popular?
- How can I improve my website’s speed?
- What blog content do my visitors like the most?
It is easy to set up and doesn’t require you to host your website with Google
There is no cumbersome registration process to use Google Analytics, nor do you have to use their hosting service, update your DNS records or get on the phone with Google and prove your identity. For the basic setup all you have to do is sign up for the service then enter a string of code in your website’s page, or any subsidiary pages you want to analyze. Google will then start gathering data (note: more advanced features may require further setup).
It can show you at a glance how your site or your ad campaign, search engine activity or other strategies are working so you can make immediate adjustments
Using a service like Google Analytics allows you learn what is really happening on your website day in and day out. It will help you adjust your website to maximize the traffic that you get and improve your site to get more traffic. To learn more about Google Analytics and how it can help your business grow sales call Potter Media.
Call us today to discuss how we can help you 978-808-3428